These Vegan Burgers are super light and easy to make. You can cook these Vegan Burgers on the barbecue or with a pan or oven on rainy days. Making 10 burgers is perfect for your next party or storing a batch in your freezer. These plant-based burgers are suited towards all people who like to try something non-traditional yet delicious.
Tools For Your Homemade Burger-Making
- 6 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 kg)
- 2 tsp oil, plus extra for the trays
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200g polenta
- buns, salsa, onion and salad leaves, to serve
Vegan Burgers Recipe Steps:
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the potato skins and place them on a baking tray. Bake for 45 mins until really soft. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan, add the onions and chillies, and cook for 8-10 mins until soft. Leave to cool
- Peel the potatoes and add the flesh to a bowl with the chilli onions. Mash together with the spices until smooth. Mix in the sweetcorn, coriander, half the polenta, and some seasoning using your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 10 burgers. Carefully dip each one into the remaining polenta and dust off any excess.
- Place burgers on oiled baking trays and chill for at least 30 mins. You can wrap and freeze the burgers at this stage if you wish
- Cook the burgers on a large, well-oiled non-stick frying pan or hot barbecue for 10 mins each side until nicely browned
- Alternatively, heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook on oiled baking trays for 15 minutes.
- Serve in buns with a dollop of salsa, some onion and salad leaves.