How to Wash a Duvet Cover
1) Labels & Care Symbols: Read all labels and care symbols before beginning, as some items may have special requirements.
2) Stains: Pre-treat stains as the longer you leave them, the harder they are to remove. Soaking any stains with warm water and stain remover before washing will ensure a clean result every time!
3) Put Bed Linen in Washer: Ensure you do not overload your washing machines as this prevents items from being washed thoroughly.
4) Detergent: Some washing machines provide compartments for detergent/powder and fabric softer. You can also measure out detergent and place it in the machine.
5) Choose Setting: Regularly washing with a setting that is too hot can damage your bedding. A hotter setting is okay for cotton fabrics, while a slightly milder is needed for polyester.
6) Drying: Hang out to dry where possible and if using a tumble dryer, don't leave in for too long to help preserve your bed linen!
What You'll Need
Follow our guide on how to wash duvet covers, bed sheets, and more.
- Don't overload your washing machine
- Avoid using water that is too hot on delicate fabrics
- Don't mix towels with bed linen, as they will wear faster
- Air dry bed linen where possible
- Do not mix white bed linen with dark colors as they could run