A Pancake Tuesday Favourite
Have you mastered the perfect American pancake? We have! These light, fluffy pancakes are sure to be a new family favourite. We love this recipe because it is super simple to whip up at any time (morning or night, we won't judge!) and creates perfect American style pancakes every single time.
They're a fantastic choice for your family this pancake Tuesday. Serve up with some maple syrup and bacon for added yumminess!
Get prepared for pancake tuesday 2023
• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 2 Tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 1 large egg
• Any topping you choose!
American Pancake Recipe Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 90°C
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir (It’s important that you don’t overmix!)
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and coat generously with vegetable oil.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the frying pan.
- Cook until the surface of pancakes has some bubbles, approximately 1 minute. Flip carefully with a spatula, and cook until brown on the underside.
- Transfer to the heatproof platter, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until serving.
- Serve warm, with some delicious toppings!