This simple but delicious Vanilla Cheesecake is sure to be a family favourite!
You will need:
- 1 x Spring Form Tin
- 1 x Rolling Pin
- 1 x Electric Mixer
- 1 x Bowl
- 1 x Icing Smoother
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icicng sugar
- 280ml double cream
- Butter a 9" or 10" spring form pan.
- Put 250g digestive biscuits in a food bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Transfer into a bowl and pour over 100g melted butter. Mix thoroughly until the crumbs are completely coated.
- Tip into prepared spring form pan and press down into the base to create an even layer.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set firmly.
- To make the filling, place the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the double cream and continue beating until the mixture is completely combined.
- Spoon it on to the biscuit base, working from the edges inwards and making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon or with an icing smoother and leave in the fridge overnight to set.
- To serve, bring the cheesecake to room temperature about 30 minutes beforehand.
- To un-mould, place the pan on top of a can, release the sides of the tin and gradually pull downwards. Slice and serve.