Simple Pancake Recipe
We’ve got everything you need to have a flipping great Pancake Tuesday! From Baking Essentials to fantastic Recipes, you’re guaranteed to dish up some wonderful treats this year with home store + more.
You will need:
• Large Mixing Bowl
• Electric Whisk / Whisk / Blender
• Frying Pan
• Thin Spatula (for the perfect pancake flip)
• Heatproof Dish to keep them warm in the oven
• Measuring Cups
• Measuring Spoons
• 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, plus 3 tablespoons for the pan
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1/2 cup room temperature water
• 2 large eggs at room temperature
• 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and cool before using.
- Combine the cooled melted butter, sieved flour, sugar, salt, milk, water, eggs, and vanilla to a blender or large food processor. (If you don’t have a blender or food processor, use a large mixing bowl and hand held and electric whisk.)
- Blend until everything is combined and smooth.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (you can chill for up to 24 hours if you want to make the crepe batter the day before).
- Use the rest of the butter for greasing the pan between each crepe.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and grease it with butter.
- Once the frying pan is hot, pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan.
- Tilt the pan so the batter stretches as much as possible. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip as soon as the underside is set. Cook the other side for 30 seconds until set.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a heatproof dish and cover in tinfoil and place in the oven to keep warm while you cook the rest of your crepes.
- Serve with lemon & sugar or any other topping you like!